In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mes masculinelunar month — mes lunar
- the month of June — el mes de junio
- he only works six months a year / of the year — solo trabaja seis meses al año
- $900 a month — 900 dólares mensuales / por mes / al mes
- at the beginning of the month — a principios de mes
- at the end of the month — a fines de mes
- in a month's time / in a month — dentro de un mes
- I haven't seen him for / in months — hace meses que no lo veo
- he got three months — le cayeron tres meses
- it's that / the time of the month — estoy (/ está etc. ) con la regla
- never in a month of Sundays — ni por casualidad
- Nurseries provide care for children aged from around six months up to five years old.
- The letter was posted on 8 September and arrived at a house in Nairobi one month later.
- He jailed Khan for three years and nine months for riot, but added a further month for the breach of bail.
- Whether you hold them for weeks, months or years, shares are simply a means to a financial end.
- Adeline Nakamura had met Bernard almost a year ago and they had been dating for a month.
- If he is given the go ahead, it could be months before a date is set for the hearing.
- He has had a long time to prepare the case and has known of the hearing date for months.
- Documents can be scanned and filed in seconds and made available a week, a month or a year later at the touch of a button.
- The final deadline is no later than four months after the first day of the course.
- Stevens was jailed for three years and three months for the store raid last June.
- If you owe money for repair or valuation, the date must be at least three months from the day the notice is sent.
- It lasts anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours and occurs over a period of weeks to months.
- How this mood develops will depend hugely on whether the days and weeks spread to months and years.
- This information must be sent to the address above within three months of the date of this letter.
- The nursery will offer care for children from three months to five years at affordable prices.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.