In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1angelito masculine informal
- There's lush scenery and misty-eyed period detail plus, vitally, some cute kids - a pair of adorable little moppets who are intrigued by a mysterious room which may hold the secret to the death of their father.
- This was the Golden Age of sports, and McMahon was exposed to it all as an Irish moppet, wide-eyed by it all in the excitement of smoke-filled arenas.
- He's presented as a saint, from his easy rapport with his students to his loving but pragmatic relationship with his wife, Lorri, and fatherly affection for his adorable moppet kids.
- Several urchins are gathered in a suburban backyard, when another moppet runs up to the group and announces breathlessly: ‘Mom is making rich, hot chocolate!’
- ‘Let's put it this way… if dad could buy the universe for her, he probably would, just to make his moppet happy,’ Michael replied with contempt.
- This time last year you were still the curly-haired moppet from a band.
- The students are adorable, with just enough backbone to keep from melting into icky Hollywood moppets.
- Set in the prestigious New York Ballet School, the film follows a group of eager young moppets who make the grade to get into the academy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.