In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1campanilla femininedondiego de día masculine
- But consider too the times of day that certain flowers will bloom; you can plant morning glories, four-o'clocks and night-blooming jasmine together for a garden that will bloom from dawn past dusk.
- Climbers don't really climb, as clematis or morning glory do, with tendrils that attach themselves to a fence or trellis.
- The retaining wall is wrapped in welded wire mesh and covered with morning glory.
- For the trellis - or for the sides of the gate - any climbing flower will work, such as morning glories, honeysuckle, or sweet peas.
- Small flowered clematis, morning glory, the less vigorous climbing roses, nasturtiums and many others grow well in containers.
- An old favorite is the morning glory because they're so easy to grow and they produce those beautiful, full flowers.
- I plant lots of morning glories and wild, tangling vines like the silver lace.
- Make a tee pee out of bamboo stakes and plant morning glories or scarlet runner beans.
- The dune vegetation included sea oats, sea grape, and beach morning glory (Ipomoea pes-caprae).
- At the foot of the tower was a morning glory climbing up the walls.
- The diversity within the group of plants known as annuals is staggering, with everything from 10-foot-tall sunflowers to the ground-hugging sweet alyssum to the rampant, vining morning glory.
- It had a terribly high ceiling, and vines of morning glory were growing around the pillars.
- Marigolds, rhododendron, and morning glory sat in artful bunches along the concrete sidewalk.
- Plant climbing flowers like morning glories or clematis at the foot of the arch.
- Plant quick-growing vines, such as morning glory or hyacinth bean, around the outside of the lattice.
- Violets, woodrushes, Silene, Lychnis, periwinkles and Alchemilla mollis are all plants that will thrive in the dry, shady conditions provided by the hedge, and for a splash of colour I could use climbing nasturtiums or morning glory.
- When the weather warms up, sow seeds of cosmos, marigold, morning glory, portulaca, nasturtium, sunflower, and zinnia for splashes of color.
- A trellis covered with flowering annual vines, such as morning glories and nasturtiums, provides birds both food and shelter.
- The morning glory, opening its blooms daily for only a few hours, was celebrated for its shy beauty.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.