In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tafilete masculinecuero marroquí masculine
- The prize for the original Open competition in 1860 had been a red morocco belt with silver clasps.
- Hand-coloured, mounted and bound in red morocco with a cusped yellow leather border, the plates are prefaced by a manuscript dedication by Angelo to the Prince of Wales.
- The Italian text was contained in a white morocco leather case bearing the Italian royal arms
- On the table lay a large open roll of morocco leather, containing rows of elegant little instruments in steel and ivory.
- Morocco leather was rarely used in England before 1600.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.