In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1depósito de cadáveres masculinemorgue feminine Latin America
- The controversy over the bodies in the mortuary continues, but this time at national level.
- He also introduced a rickshaw service, which takes unclaimed bodies from the government mortuary for a proper burial.
- The man's brain had been kept in a standard, sealed container in the autopsy room in the hospital mortuary.
- They were reinterred several hours later after a Home Office pathologist, in the presence of an independent pathologist, carried out a new post-mortem examination at a local mortuary.
- Meanwhile, he has appealed to churches, community leaders and other stakeholders to help the local authorities address the issue of unclaimed bodies in hospital mortuaries.
- The District Medical Officer viewed and ordered the body to be removed to the mortuary, pending an autopsy.
- For extra payment, undertakers began to offer wealthier people new facilities without the taint of the public mortuary to store their dead away from home.
- Then came the appalling task of formally identifying their daughter's body in the mortuary at the Bristol hospital.
- After searching frantically in the local hospitals he eventually found his wife's body in a mortuary.
- But when the families went to pick up the bodies from the hospital mortuary, they were presented with a bill.
- Though the disclosure was controversial, there is no doubt that this was the scoop of the year, and the picture of the bodies in the mortuary were sought by many newspapers round the world.
- Her son said that when undertakers arrived to remove her body from the hospital mortuary two days later, the rings were missing from her fingers.
- Police sealed off the area while scenes of crime officers photographed the incident site and carried out a forensic examination before the body was removed to the mortuary at York District Hospital.
- After his retirement he continued with coroner's post-mortem examinations at the municipal mortuary.
- His widow yesterday visited the mortuary where his body lay, as the independent inquiry began into his death.
- Principals and teachers from the affected schools arrived at the scene and waited with parents at the hospital and at the mortuary for the dead to be identified.
- Their bodies were taken to the Grahamstown mortuary where postmortem examinations will be held today.
- The doctors were either too busy or unavailable to visit the mortuary to review the body after death.
- Following her death, the trust was also criticised for the difficulty the family had in seeing her body in the mortuary, which was said to be off-limits at the weekend.
- She lay dead in the mortuary of the hospital for two weeks before her family was notified.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.