In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1la ley de Moisésla ley mosaica
- Israeli Jews will then have emancipated themselves at last, becoming citizens of Israel - of the Mosaic persuasion.
- It pertains to the nature of the Mosaic covenant.
- Israel was seen as God's son in the Mosaic covenant.
- Then model your worship on the Mosaic tabernacle and priesthood.
- The Sabbath was, I agree, a covenantal sign for the Mosaic covenant, and it certainly ceased as a 7th day covenant.
- Of a critical turn of mind, he let drop a hint that there might be some doubt as to the Mosaic authorship of the Pentateuch; the hint was picked up six centuries later by Spinoza and led to modern Bible criticism.
- They were seen as traitors because they no longer kept the Mosaic ceremonies or submitted to earthly priests.
- In the Old Testament, it was part of the Mosaic code that an Israelite could not be indicted and convicted based upon the testimony of one person.
- Nevertheless, he argued strongly in defense of the Mosaic origin of this primary list of Ten Commandments.
- I still don't understand the clinging to the Mosaic laws that Christianity still fights tooth and nail to do.
- King Solomon's alliances are seen here not as threats to the pristine Mosaic ethos but as props to the peace.
- Burnet sought to reconcile a Cartesian-derived historical account of the origins of the Earth with the creation account of the Mosaic tradition.
- It is certainly not my intention to suggest that the Mosaic plan could be used as an exact blueprint in a society that has moved past the pastoral or agricultural stage.
- The answer, as was suggested earlier, resides in an understanding of two pivotal covenants in the Old Testament, the Abrahamic and Mosaic covenants.
- They believed that there was only one God and that only he should be worshipped by sacrifice or any other means - agreeing with the contents of the first table of the Mosaic commandments.
- It is not peripheral but central to Mosaic religious experience and thought.
- This might be a reason for the Mosaic laws against eating carnivores and shellfish.
- Conversely, there is the Mosaic prohibition against murder of any kind, coupled with the idea of the body and soul as God's property, and perception of suicide as motivated by despair.
- No matter what generation reads these words, they are commanded to claim the Mosaic history as their own and not merely to recall what their ancestors experienced long ago.
- But the orienting theme throughout the Mosaic canon is life and its blessings, the affirmation of personhood.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.