In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Contact motels and hotels in communities outside of your area and find out if they will accept pets in an emergency.
- If you plan to stay in hotels or motels along the way, call in advance to make sure they allow pets.
- Wallpaper used to be reserved for conference centres, cheap motels and suburban sitting rooms.
- The dancers could not afford to stay in hotels or motels, so they were billeted with people from the community.
- He never caused a scintilla of trouble at any of the dog-friendly hotels and motels we visited.
- A number of good motels and hotels offer accommodation for a stopover, and there is a good choice of restaurants and cafes.
- Mountain cabin rentals provide a great alternative to standard hotels and motels.
- Along with the signs, he said, the roadside motels and cafes are themselves art objects.
- Airlie Beach has a wide spectrum of accommodation, from motels to resort hotels, and prices are somewhat lower.
- Some motels and hotels actually work out to be more expensive, especially if you choose to stay in a suite.
- If you plan to stay in hotels or motels, remember to make reservations in advance.
- Everything in it is so much nicer than at those cheap motels, from the room size to the paintings on the wall to the coffee maker in the bathroom.
- All the hotels and motels along the waterfront has been totally destroyed.
- Hotels and motels usually renovate their properties every five to seven years.
- Hotels, motels and entertainment theme parks have a unique security problem.
- I hate hotels and motels, I hate sleeping in strange beds, showering in strange showers.
- There are of course a number of ways to save money on hotels and motels without compromising quality.
- Accommodation in Cairns ranges from backpacker hostels to motels and five-star hotels.
- Find out which motels and hotels in your area allow pets - well in advance of needing them.
- There are plenty of hotels and motels but not one permanent place of residence.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.