In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1carreras automovilísticas feminine
- The international weekly motorsport show brings world-class motor racing on the screen.
- Nor were they welcomed in the more dangerous sports of skiing, motor racing, sailing and horse racing.
- Hardware vendors such as HP and Sun have been heavily involved in sponsoring motor racing and other sports.
- And again, everybody has to understand, motor racing is a dangerous sport.
- But he goes too far when he claims that he has never brought motor racing into disrepute.
- The cigarette firms which make Formula One motor-racing so lucrative have the same regard for sport as the people who turn football players into walking billboards.
- I think the manufacturers are taking a very responsible role in trying to help guide the future of Grand Prix motor racing.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.