In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lancha a motor femininemotora feminine
- Because of the increase in popularity of sailing and motor boats, marina space has become more difficult to get, according to boating sources.
- Small boats may have outboard motors and then are often called motor boats.
- The popularity of water scooters, high powered motor boats and parasailing pose a threat of accidents.
- This is the last opportunity for a lot of the classic motor boats to be used here for what they were designed to do.
- His involvement in motor sport, aviation and motor boats made him a hero in his native Belgium.
- On arrival in Vicarstown, the children donned lifejackets and boarded motor boats provided by Laois and Kildare Civil Defence.
- Eventually I got to drive one of the motor boats up and down the river, to Bishopthorpe Palace and Nun Monkton.
- The first outboard motor boats on the reef were made, according to local legend, by returned World War I servicemen, by lashing a Ford engine to the back of a dinghy.
- Through the trees you may catch glimpses of billowing sails, wind surfers, cross-lakes ferries and motor boats.
- After joining the Dolittle project two years ago, he made a breakthrough discovery: Under noisy conditions, such as those created by passing motor boats, the whales vocalized louder so that pod members could hear them.
- Spectators have a chance to watch the race from two locations - along the beach or following the race in motor boats.
- Your hired motor boat is bobbing up and down at anchor, occasionally nudging the pebbles on the beach as a bigger wave breaks.
- Police feared today for the safety of a sailor after his motor boat was found abandoned on the River Ouse near York, following a suspected crash.
- The unit was alerted to the fire at 4.30 pm after a motor boat owner discovered a fire in the engine compartment of his vessel.
- Their sheer beauty and majesty left me feeling quite uplifted, although the fact that they have no fear of humans, a healthy disregard for motor boats and are very inquisitive has led to their near extinction.
- Marine Police found a three-metre motor boat near the beach.
- Instruction is given in the use of kayaks, two-seater canoes and motor boats.
- Choose from an energetic canoe ride, a romantic row down the river or a leisurely cruise on a motor boat.
- But motor boats are only one threat to manatees.
- A motor boat heading to Teddington was travelling so fast that a houseboat was damaged by its wash and the driver was this week cautioned by the Port of London Authority.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.