In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1montañismo masculinealpinismo masculineandinismo masculine Latin America
- Nowadays, people go for the skiing and mountaineering, and it's a lot quieter than most of the big alpine resorts.
- For a small nation we have made remarkable contributions to world mountaineering throughout the sport's history.
- His interests include mountain biking, mountaineering, poetry and art.
- He tossed away the concept of oxygen tanks and big teams and camps, and made mountaineering a more equal contest between man and mountain.
- They have learned about camping in snow conditions and have mastered skilled mountaineering rope work.
- Equipment failure in rock climbing and mountaineering is extraordinarily rare.
- If you are planning adventure activities such as scuba diving or mountaineering, ensure these are covered by your policy.
- My mountaineering partner, John, and I have had to cancel our climbing expedition to Tibet.
- We have revived the sport of mountaineering in a major way, after a gap of 43 years.
- Another sport that took off in this period was Alpine mountaineering.
- Accurate accident analysis is an extremely important aspect of mountaineering.
- The five were part of a 15-person mountaineering expedition from the university.
- McDonald left the north-east of England in the early 1950s to pursue his love of mountaineering and skiing.
- Hinged crampons are used for mountaineering and snow climbing, not ice climbing.
- She will also try her hand at ice climbing, mountaineering and trekking.
- As a mountaineer, part of the beauty of mountaineering, for me, is the level of personal challenge involved.
- Most mountaineering trainers say that rock climbing is all in the head.
- Training included general mountaineering skills such as outdoor cooking and camping in snow caves.
- As with mountaineering and tobogganing, few members of a film audience have first-hand experience of sky-diving.
- Both these book are essential reading for those interested in Sherpa society and in Himalayan mountaineering.
- Many interesting mountain trails beckon mountaineering enthusiasts to the Zanskar valley.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.