In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Cookingmousse masculineespuma feminine
- The recipes are a great mixture of traditional country fruit and vegetables - pumpkin marmalade, rowan berry and apple jelly, blackberry mousse, lettuce and lovage soup.
- These are used as required, mixed with liquids and flavourings, to ‘set’ savoury aspic, desserts such as jelly and mousse, and stabilize commercially made ice cream and other foods.
- Bavarois is a kind of dessert like mousse, but made typically with custard in addition to cream, therefore turns out thick and rich.
- I forgot the name, pistachio crème brûlée and raspberry mousse coated with white chocolate cream.
- Thai cooks also beat an egg into curried fish mousse, which is then steamed in banana leaves to the consistency of custard and called hor mok pla.
- Mango fresh cream pastry, mango mousse, mango tarts, and mango souffle are only a few of what Sweet Chariot on Brigade Road offers mango lovers.
- For the sweet potato mousse: In saucepan, combine milk and sweet potatoes and bring to a boil.
- For dessert I opted for the poached banana that came with a smoothie, mousse & ice cream.
- When the foie gras is good, though, it's brilliant: its mousse like silk, its crust a delicate crackle instead of a shroud.
- Well I might have put too little gelatine for this volume of fruit/cream mixture, especially when I tried to make the mousse in jelly molds, as it turned out a bit too soft.
- From the first souffle, through the egg mousse to the spinach pancakes, we realised that we were in the hands of an artist.
- Using pastry bags, fill bottom half of shell with sweet potato mousse, fill top half of shell with parsnip pastry cream and top with chocolate glaze.
- While less traditional, the desserts here include mango mousse and tropical sorbets, made of exotic fruits like lulu and geishta..
- They have so much potential - a soufflé, cakes, crème brûlée, salmon mousse - or just a good, open omelette filled with seasonal vegetables.
- However, before the soup we were treated to a roulade of smoked salmon and herbed cheese mousse, with smoked tuna salad on spring lettuce and lemon olive oil dressing.
- A dark chocolate and cappuccino mousse was delightful, smooth, neither too sweet nor too bitter, but its accompanying cinnamon ice cream did nothing for it.
- Dessert was no less original and delicious: he made a sort of light mousse with whole strawberries in it, served in individual ramekins and baked in the oven.
- On top of that was a smooth layer of mango compote, then a bit of caramel mousse and topped with tender, tiny coconut marshmallows.
- My friend opted for the Baileys dish, a combination of meringue and mousse flavoured by the cream liqueur.
- It's a light coffee mousse over a dark, rich coffee gelatin with a bit of genoise sponge cake at the bottom.
2(for hair)mousse feminineespuma feminine
- Comb your hair, then rub a handful of mousse into it, then comb again.
- It seems like just yesterday that there were only three styling products you could use to create the hairstyle of your dreams - gel, hairspray, and mousse.
- His sandy hair was swept back, typical guy style hair, probably loaded with hair mousse.
- A can of hair mousse lay in the wash basin, with some of the contents squirted out in loops on the mirror.
- Achieve increased resilience and shape-holding power from setting lotions, mousses and hair sprays.
- This non-foam forming mousse will provide superior control without weighing your hair down.
- The shelf in the bathroom was littered with tins of hair spray, styling mousse, shampoo and conditioner, blobs of each of which had been splurted onto every available surface.
- Yucca, quince seed, balsam and yarrow are often added to natural styling gels, mousse and hair sprays for their thickening and emulsifying qualities.
- Whatever the hairstyle, whatever the desired look, we've got the gel, mousse and more to make every day a great hair day.
- Everyone's hair was equally stiff with hair spray, gel, or mousse.
- Do not blow-dry your hair after putting gel or mousse in it.
- I had scrunched my hair with mousse, which made it look darker and less blonde.
- Be sure not to dye or perm it, and also not to spurt mousse on your hair.
- Apply volumizing mousse, then blow hair dry.
- He recommends applying a firm gel at the base and a light mousse on the ends to make hair manageable, without frying it.
- His black hair was slick with mousse, and spiky, and his jeans were huge, with chains crisscrossing them.
- Still, you might have to wash your wig more often if you use a lot of spray or mousse on it.
- I hurriedly changed into a black fleece sweater and a knee-length jean skirt and put a generous amount of mousse in my hair to semi-smooth it.
- Nevertheless, I scoured the store shelves to find the best brands that hair mousse has to offer.
- When it comes to styling your hair, avoid using low-end hair products, such as cheap gel or mousse.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.