In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1alud de barro masculine
- There were always small rockslides or mudslides happening there.
- So far, 2,426 homes have been destroyed in the mudslides, many built precariously in hillside shantytowns.
- Effective techniques of fighting the enemy in the mountains are induced rockfalls, avalanches, glacier movements and mudslides.
- She explained how her parents' house almost floated out to sea in the recent rainstorms and mudslides.
- Flooding, mudslides and fallen trees cut several main highways into Wellington to a single lane in places, snarling commuter traffic and forcing it to a crawl, he said.
- In the northern Cascade Mountains the supposedly dormant volcano Mount Baker periodically oozes clouds of steam over its summit and stains its icy slopes with mudslides.
- The unlined portion of the tunnel had caved in under the debris of a mudslide on Monday night, burying many workers alive and injuring others.
- They don't deserve mudslides or earthquakes or crooked dictatorships or AIDS or a whole host of things that afflict them that you and I cannot stop, either.
- Dozens of villagers were killed by mudslides on the slopes of the mountain, which rumbled back to life in July, government officials said.
- Torrential is rain still falling, triggering mudslides in Austria.
- They are giving up efforts to dig out bodies and declaring entire communities mass graveyards after killer mudslides in Guatemala last Wednesday.
- Sporadic systems are those that produce avalanches, earthquakes, mudslides, volcanic eruptions and such like.
- There have been more mudslides and landslides leading to deaths.
- Residents in remote mountain villages must stay alert to landslides, mudslides, tumbling rocks, any river rising and flooding, the bureau warned.
- Most victims were crushed by falling buildings or buried by mudslides but four people died of heart attacks after the tremors on Wednesday, officials said.
- Aboriginal people said that they still can't escape from nightmares relating to earthquakes, mudslides and collapsed land.
- Its first priority is to identify where permafrost is present and where mudslides and rockfalls are likely as it melts under the effect of global warming.
- The mudslides were set off on Christmas Day after a downpour fell on hillsides that had been stripped of vegetation by wildfires in October and November.
- Torrential rain caused severe flooding and triggered at least 93 mudslides and landslides.
- Aftershocks and heavy rains continue to trigger mudslides on mountain slopes where the quake has uprooted forests, loosened topsoil or created barrier lakes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.