In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1musli masculinemuesli masculine
- We have organic muesli for breakfast, we eat up our greens (once or twice a week).
- Sure, you can still find shredded wheat, bran cereals, muesli, and other healthy standbys.
- Mango is good in any kind of fruit salad, in muesli, in freshly-made pancakes.
- Porridge, muesli and oatcakes are all good sources.
- Choose porridge, muesli or an egg rather than sugary cereals
- I keep my muesli (Waitrose Luxury Fruit and Nut) in an airtight jar.
- They made the most interesting breakfast muesli I have had all year.
- Otherwise, I'll prepare my own crunchy muesli by mixing prunes or apricot, honey, lemon and cloves with low-fat yogurt.
- Granola, usually a conglomeration of oats, sugar, nuts and seeds, is essentially muesli, but without the dried fruit.
- It seems that those who like to eat cereal might do well to choose wholegrain cereals based on oats (such as muesli and porridge) and wheat.
- At the weekend I might have some soaked muesli with grated apple, dried fruit, bananas and honey.
- In between mouthfuls of sausage, home-made bread, muffins, fresh fruit, yoghurt and muesli, we discussed the dive sites he would show me.
- No muesli or fresh fruit on offer, but after a greasy breakfast roll and coffee on tap, I was feeling more awake.
- This morning, the team's breakfast would have included porridge or muesli with dried fruit and perhaps toast with scrambled egg or lean bacon.
- He'd obviously had too much muesli for breakfast.
- I try to eat the right foods - pasta, rice, fruit, muesli - at the right times, to keep my body in shape.
- He also makes his own muesli, of which my wife brought home a huge jar, having stuffed herself with it every morning at Kamogi.
- At nine I have breakfast - muesli with soya milk.
- Porridge or muesli are the most sustaining of the cereals.
- Recent research has found that eating oat-based breakfast cereals - muesli or porridge - can help reduce blood pressure.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.