In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1US(bollo dulce hecho con huevos) mollete masculine
- Split the baps, buns or muffins horizontally, dip their cut sides in the cooking juices in the grill pan then pile on the chunks of pork.
- He had two English muffins for breakfast, as he always did.
- For serving, muffins are toasted back and front and then split with the fingers by easing them apart at the joint all the way round.
- Toast the muffin slices lightly on both sides and butter them.
- She makes some bread, or muffins, or flat cakes, and we eat them with juice or with water.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Toast the English muffin in the toaster.
- ‘Split muffin filled with your choice, topped with cheese and toasted to perfection’ -- so said the menu.
- I like to make fresh soda bread, scones and muffins, and some American visitors request pancakes for breakfast.
- There were no crumpets to be had, and the hot buttered muffins were tepid and rubbery.
- For toasting, pull the muffins apart and toast on both sides.
- To assemble, toast the split muffins lightly on both sides.
- You can then squeeze out the roasted garlic onto crackers or an English muffin.
- Split the muffins or ciabatta and lightly toast or grill the insides only.
2Britishbollo de pan que suele servirse tostado
- As he regained his breath, he could smell the blueberry muffins and another familiar pastry baking in the kitchen.
- As every baker knows, a muffin is a small cake that rises above its metal container.
- Use it to replace cornmeal in recipes for cornbread or for corn muffins.
- I have a pretty good idea what it will be like, since I have tried low carb muffins, chocolate cake, crisps, chocolate and breakfast snacks.
- Or complement your protein shake with a fat-free bran muffin to add another 5-7 grams.
- Trans fats are in everything from chocolate bars, cookies, cakes, muffins, crackers, chips, French fries and the list goes on.
- For simple fare, try sugar cookies, doughnuts, muffins or coffee cake with coffee and cocoa or hot spiced cider.
- Anything too easy to make at home such as muffins and regular cakes will not sell as readily.
- Shredded or chopped zucchini blends seamlessly into a variety of dishes from soups and stir frys to moist cakes and muffins.
- A waitress came over and I ordered a hot chocolate with a blueberry muffin.
- Homer should eat a whole-grain muffin instead, or at least add fresh fruit.
- There is a wide range of sandwiches, quiches, home-made pies, salads, muffins, cakes etc. and very reasonable prices.
- They also transform cakes and muffins into delightful sweet treats - as in the following recipes.
- Prairie people welcome the first rhubarb of the season to use in cakes, pies, muffins, jams and relishes.
- Bake the muffins for about 20 minutes, or until domed and nicely golden.
- When doubled over and obsessing about banana chocolate chip muffins, the last thing on my mind is yoga.
- We are sending you a Guide with 10 tips to combat constipation and a special low-fat pumpkin bran muffin recipe.
- Or combine candied and raw ginger in muffins, cookies and spice cake.
- And they are invariably foods high in calories, like muffins and cookies and cakes.
- Today he's been in her favorite coffee shop and learned what she got everyday; a large black coffee and a blueberry muffin.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.