In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(de archivo policial) foto feminine
- James Brown has been arrested for domestic violence - check out the police mugshot.
- There's the Smoking Gun, which ferrets around to find court documents and police mugshots relating to major, usually celebrity-related cases.
- The police showed him mugshots of the girlfriend, brother and mother and told him he'd been had.
- The facial recognition system needs pictures from at least five different angles, and given that the Metropolitan Police doesn't handle mugshots that way, you can see the problem.
- The official state ID includes a laminated card and a mugshot on instant film, making it easy to reproduce.
- These were actually the mugshots of the two individuals before they were arrested.
- Some of the files include prison records and mugshots that have never been made public before.
- If he were in one of those mugshots, I just hope I could recognize him.
- Persistent thief Gary Ellis claimed victory yesterday in a High Court battle to block his mugshot being used in a groundbreaking anti-crime poster campaign proposed by the police.
- But look at the t-shirt the alleged intruder is wearing in his mugshot.
- But, in the case of apprehended celebrities, the numbered mugshot has another significance.
- In all likelihood, he fathomed, his mugshot would turn up on the news alongside a police appeal for witnesses to some crime or other.
- After getting arrested, Johnny Five gets his mugshot taken!
- Since then, police have distributed mugshots to mosques and boarding houses across West Java and set up road blocks.
- After my luggage search, the officer took some mugshots of me, then proceeded to fingerprint me.
- Once the police had a camera, the number of photographs increased to become an archive of mugshots.
- The brothers are among 18 up-and-coming crime leaders whose mugshots are featured in the intelligence report.
- Anti-crime advice and mugshots of known offenders are given to partnership members to help them stop thefts.
- Two more posters featuring 20 photos each will be released in the coming two weeks bringing the total number of mugshots released throughout the police campaign to 180.
- There is something profoundly disconcerting about these 1940s mugshots and, I suppose, the idea of having a collection of them.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.