In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ropa vieja feminine
- The whole painting is a mulligan stew of form and gesture.
- Instead, he seems never to have acknowledged such boundaries, seeing culture more as a mulligan stew than as an endeavor replete with categorical divisions and hierarchies.
- But unfortunately, the film also tries to be a suspense thriller, a love story, and god knows what else, until it finally becomes what they used to call mulligan stew.
- Later Mrs. Blake recalled how the troop used to hike out to Browns Gulch and cook a ‘mulligan.’
- Ms. Chalmers shows how a simple beef stew can become a hearty mulligan, a Belgian carbonnade, a French boeuf bourguignon, or your own less classic invention.
guiso hecho a base de sobras de carne y verdura
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.