In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The claim that all this stems from the needs of competition in a multichannel environment is always trotted out, but it has never been explained why this required the ending of much that was best about the programme content.
- In the multichannel age more outlets than ever are chasing the same viewers among the nation's children.
- This integration of single and multichannel communications provides a networking capability that was previously non existent.
- But there's more to do in the evolution of cable from a multichannel video provider to a provider of voice, video and data services as part of a broadband package.
- For those who train the staff of multichannel contact centers, the implications of these changes in customer expectations are significant.
- They want to buy a product that will enable them to get the latest and greatest in multichannel video entertainment.
- Kids channels are a mainstay of multichannel television anyway.
- Moreover, effective multichannel customer service attracts new customers and increases revenue.
- The Internet represents just another distribution channel in a complex multichannel strategy.
- Still, there is no question that other activities are taking up listeners' time, thanks to the growth of electronic games and multichannel cable and satellite television.
- As multichannel television has moved into six in every 10 homes, there has been a gentle decline in the number of programmes we all see together and dis - cuss afterwards.
- The boards provide a 250kHz maximum sample rate in single and multichannel scans at any gain setting.
- If you have two viable multichannel video providers in your market, you can get better deals.
- With plenty of awards and solid ratings, cable's best programmers are ushering in a new era in multichannel television.
- With the rise of the internet and multichannel TV on cable and satellite, whole channels have been targeted at this or that niche market, from cookery to cars.
- But now the magic formula is lost forever in the new free-market multichannel onslaught and it is the viewers who, ultimately, have paid for it.
- In his time, in 1967, the multichannel television system was introduced.
- Above all, it needs to recognise that it has two main radio stations, and that they compete in a multichannel radio world.
- The biggest blessing of multichannel TV is the ability to avoid sport.
- This new multichannel world became possible through technological change, as cable and satellite could deliver potentially vast numbers of channels to homes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.