In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It is time to say enough is enough before the unique fabric of this multicultural society is destroyed by the enemies within.
- A multicultural society should be inclusive rather than divisive and this is something we all need to work at.
- We live in a very multicultural society where respect and tolerance are just as important as free speech.
- They facilitate the exploration of local identity and are a way of engaging people in multicultural dialogues.
- We are a multicultural society that is supposed to welcome and thrive on diversity.
- I'm proud of our multicultural society, where curry is the nation's favourite dish.
- But in a supposedly multicultural society like ours, it seems crazy that it should enjoy a monopoly.
- At the core of my identity as an Australian is our multicultural and multireligious society.
- Britain is a multicultural society, but most people do not live in multicultural communities.
- I was used to people inviting me to join them for all kinds of multicultural menus.
- Nor is the Toronto police force even roughly reflective of the multicultural nature of Toronto.
- This has given the city a modern, functional and multicultural feel.
- Their cross cultural and linguistic skills could be especially valuable in a multicultural society.
- What kind of issues do you face trying to offer multicultural education to these youth?
- The celebration was part of the nursery's multicultural projects and as a leaving party for the school age children.
- The Victorian terraces are owned and rented by a cross section of London's multicultural population.
- The festival last week was charged with a modern-day energy and a multicultural feel.
- Being truly multicultural should involve respecting all cultures and traditions, she said.
- As our area is not very multicultural at all, there weren't even any minority groups who could visit and share their culture.
- Our multicultural society will officially tolerate anything except racial or cultural intolerance.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.