In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It is imperative for that meeting to launch a new round of multilateral trade negotiations.
- The world is a safer place when multilateral processes are followed and the international rule of law upheld.
- Further multilateral agreements to control nuclear weapons were both welcome to CND and blunted its cutting edge.
- What I am satisfied of is that New Zealand has done the right thing in agreeing to be part of this very important multilateral initiative.
- As a result, a multilateral nuclear arms race may erupt, which will pose a great danger to the world.
- The multilateral negotiations offer us the best opportunities as a trading nation.
- North Korea has repeatedly opposed the issue being raised during the multilateral negotiations.
- There have been eight rounds of multilateral trade negotiations since 1947.
- Canada complained that France was breaking multilateral trade agreements.
- Talks between the two countries hold the key for the multilateral negotiations.
- In a sure sign of the times, there are increased warnings that the post-war multilateral trade system is breaking down.
- In 1992 he was appointed director of multilateral policy and two years later director of planning.
- Stronger European standards would have provided a basis for negotiating more effectively for multilateral standards.
- Our interests are best protected not by unilateral action but by multilateral agreement and a world order governed by rules.
- The parties in the multilateral talks also include China, Russia, South Korea and the United States.
- He was outlining our multilateral disarmament policy.
- The Prime Minister says that she is supporting the multilateral approach of the United Nations.
- The United States was the driving force behind all the multilateral negotiations.
- Participating in ambitious multilateral commitments is therefore in their interest.
- I will continue to seek solutions to the problems of this region through dialog and multilateral diplomacy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.