In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Further multilateral agreements to control nuclear weapons were both welcome to CND and blunted its cutting edge.
- There have been eight rounds of multilateral trade negotiations since 1947.
- In a sure sign of the times, there are increased warnings that the post-war multilateral trade system is breaking down.
- I will continue to seek solutions to the problems of this region through dialog and multilateral diplomacy.
- The Prime Minister says that she is supporting the multilateral approach of the United Nations.
- Stronger European standards would have provided a basis for negotiating more effectively for multilateral standards.
- What I am satisfied of is that New Zealand has done the right thing in agreeing to be part of this very important multilateral initiative.
- The parties in the multilateral talks also include China, Russia, South Korea and the United States.
- North Korea has repeatedly opposed the issue being raised during the multilateral negotiations.
- The world is a safer place when multilateral processes are followed and the international rule of law upheld.
- In 1992 he was appointed director of multilateral policy and two years later director of planning.
- It is imperative for that meeting to launch a new round of multilateral trade negotiations.
- Talks between the two countries hold the key for the multilateral negotiations.
- Our interests are best protected not by unilateral action but by multilateral agreement and a world order governed by rules.
- The multilateral negotiations offer us the best opportunities as a trading nation.
- The United States was the driving force behind all the multilateral negotiations.
- Canada complained that France was breaking multilateral trade agreements.
- Participating in ambitious multilateral commitments is therefore in their interest.
- As a result, a multilateral nuclear arms race may erupt, which will pose a great danger to the world.
- He was outlining our multilateral disarmament policy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.