In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This model, to a certain extent, has encouraged students to be multilingual in their ethnic language, Indonesian and English.
- If there is bilingual and multilingual education in the K - 12 system, why not in higher education?
- As a result, Singapore and Malaysia are multilingual countries.
- If you are already multilingual, use all the languages you know, especially in front of small children.
- Western culture is monolingual; ours multilingual and oral.
- Many factors influence language dominance in multilingual speakers.
- This is perhaps the most multilingual area in the world.
- In all multilingual communities speakers switch among languages or varieties as monolinguals switch among styles.
- A child may be born in a multilingual home setting or speak a home language different from the society.
- It is therefore a challenge to applied linguists to see how education systems can contribute to the promotion of more just multilingual societies.
- It is also timely given the growing interest in multilingual information retrieval involving East Asian languages.
- Our students have to become multilingual with English as their second language.
- A once multilingual population is on the way to becoming monolingual or at the best bilingual.
- Given the diverse populations and multilingual settings, bilingual education may be assumed to have been in order.
- Such successes are little surprise, but what inhibits many companies is the price of developing a multilingual presence online.
- This seems silly until you have multilingual dictionaries installed.
- Many Indians are multilingual and speak several Indian languages.
- The local people were actually multilingual; they often spoke three, four, five languages.
- Pinpointing the source of crosslinguistic influences in the interlanguage of a multilingual speaker is less straightforward.
- Most Sumu and Miskito are multilingual, speaking Spanish in school and their native language at home.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.