In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(involving many elements)múltiplemultiple birth — parto múltiple masculine
- multiple personality (disorder) — personalidad múltiple
- multiple pile-up — colisión múltiple
- There have been numerous reports of multiple voting on a large scale in the country.
- He said the reason councillors voted against the change of use was because the premises are totally unsuitable for multiple occupancy.
- Friends, the multiple agency bill collection system in the city, has to be the most citizen-friendly outfit of the Government.
- If you require a multiple user connection you will pay €152.
- To take one example, he says that every vaccination, single as well as multiple, carries a specific risk.
- The organization used quiet diplomacy to work with Ontario's bureaucrats to promote multiple use of Quetico park.
- Multiple cropping establishes a second crop in the same season that a first crop is harvested.
- What follows is that you would then have different rules in relation to multiple publication in different States.
- The function of the banner-draped shading elements is multiple.
- The inspection is based on a March 1999 agreement between the two countries to allow Washington multiple access to the suspected site.
- It is my misfortune to be living in a street in which there are several houses in multiple occupation.
- Third, there must be a causal connection between the multiple relationship and the impairment or risk.
2(many)múltiplesmultiple errors — múltiples errores
- The season's riches also offer a chance to see favorite actors tackling very different roles in multiple movies.
- The financial sector is a much different story, with multiple levels of lending and intermediation dictating that analysis is at least as much art as science.
- The data were collected from multiple sites in the Midwest, however, which increased the reliability and generalizability of these data.
- The online service allows customers to retrieve, at the click of a mouse, information that used to take days to collect from multiple sources.
- Discussing each article and generating multiple perspectives from group members was very important in this process.
- The title track, which opens the album, slowly introduces the multiple elements of this work, reverently contrasting them to establish a perfect balance of impressions.
- This book, like the earlier accounts, acknowledges that multiple elements were at work in secularizing higher education.
- Even when larger corporate aircraft arrive, staff are obliged to use only small vans, requiring multiple trips to collect passengers and crew.
- Today, many children are being raised by multiple partners in different environments other than the home, including child care centers.
- Beard and Quann collected multiple medals in 1996 and 2000, respectively.
- No other hockey family can make that claim, and neither can any family with multiple members in the baseball, basketball, or football halls.
- Non-standard usages, like multiple negation, are sometimes attacked on the same grounds.
- If members ask multiple questions, they run the risk of Ministers answering the parts that they regard as less important.
- However, the risk of side effects increases when multiple medications are used.
- Conversations between therapist and family members, and among multiple families began, slowly at first, and then became livelier.
- The frequency of multiple mating in the population was first calculated using all clutches.
- Do-it-yourself videoconferencing may be better suited for team members who work in multiple locations.
- All the members were charged with multiple counts of armed robbery, and murder.
- Vicky had spent those four hours talking to other crew members about multiple topics; she had been extremely bored during those four hours.
- Because children have different learning styles and multiple ways of knowing, they must be encouraged to find the form that best fits their individual styles.
- Thus we see multiple members of Congress talking about the Social security ‘surplus’.
- I don't much care for members who serve on multiple boards.
- Ms W complied with her daily regimen of medications but was not prepared for the multiple side effects that occurred.
1múltiplo masculinein multiples of 5 — en múltiplos de cinco
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.