In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Magiste compared performance of strong German-Swedish bilinguals and German-dominant monolinguals on arithmetic tasks that required a series of simple additions, subtractions, multiplications or divisions.
- In one drawing, the child is skirted, maybe in a tutu, in the midst of a group of other children - who may be multiplications of herself - and she has lost one shoe.
- The work contains 11 chapters, one each on topics such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, square roots and cube roots.
- The dots used above do not mean a matrix or vector multiplication in the strict sense.
- Anyone who studies mathematics should not be afraid of the difficulty of multiplication and division, but should be afraid of the mysteries of manipulating fractions.
- These teachers thought it inappropriate to ask kindergartners and first and second graders to experience multiplications, divisions, fractions and decimals at such an early age.
- The tiny tots tried to explain about maths with the use of small pebbles by counting, addition, subtraction and multiplication.
- Distraction was based on arithmetic equations (additions, subtractions, multiplications, and divisions) displayed for 10 seconds in a corner of the screen.
- Topics considered include addition and subtraction of decimal numbers followed by multiplication and division of decimal numbers.
- As well, division is typically learned relative to multiplication (as subtraction is learned relative to addition).
- IBM's new supercomputer, Blue Gene, may do close to one quadrillion multiplications per second.
- They should also be able to understand basic maths and geometry, including fractions, decimals, multiplication and division.
- It could perform basic arithmetic: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division and it could calculate square roots.
- One could verify this by doing two different long multiplications and checking that they give the same answer.
- For matrix multiplication, vectors without superscript are treated as columns and vectors with the T superscript as rows.
- In particular, the Hindu astronomer Brahmagupta worked out the rules for addition, subtraction and multiplication by zero.
- While some problems needed only division or multiplication to solve, others used fractions or multiple steps.
- These dietary conditions lead to rapid multiplication of the clostridial bacteria in the gut of the sheep.
- These growth programs are specified when the elements are initially patterned and involve both cell multiplication and matrix secretion.
- People who needed to do many multiplications or divisions probably looked the answers up in a table, or hired someone who could.
- Try the same multiplications as above: 32x65 and 31x65.
- There I learned addition, multiplication, division and subtraction, mostly from several private tutors.
- Bombelli was the first person to write down the rules for addition, subtraction and multiplication of complex numbers.
- Cayley gave a matrix algebra defining addition, multiplication, scalar multiplication and inverses.
- Take all the products of these multiplications and add them together.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.