- Try the same multiplications as above: 32x65 and 31x65.
- It could perform basic arithmetic: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division and it could calculate square roots.
- People who needed to do many multiplications or divisions probably looked the answers up in a table, or hired someone who could.
- In particular, the Hindu astronomer Brahmagupta worked out the rules for addition, subtraction and multiplication by zero.
- These growth programs are specified when the elements are initially patterned and involve both cell multiplication and matrix secretion.
- These teachers thought it inappropriate to ask kindergartners and first and second graders to experience multiplications, divisions, fractions and decimals at such an early age.
- The work contains 11 chapters, one each on topics such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, square roots and cube roots.
- They should also be able to understand basic maths and geometry, including fractions, decimals, multiplication and division.
- Bombelli was the first person to write down the rules for addition, subtraction and multiplication of complex numbers.
- The tiny tots tried to explain about maths with the use of small pebbles by counting, addition, subtraction and multiplication.
- As well, division is typically learned relative to multiplication (as subtraction is learned relative to addition).
- IBM's new supercomputer, Blue Gene, may do close to one quadrillion multiplications per second.
- Anyone who studies mathematics should not be afraid of the difficulty of multiplication and division, but should be afraid of the mysteries of manipulating fractions.
- The dots used above do not mean a matrix or vector multiplication in the strict sense.
- One could verify this by doing two different long multiplications and checking that they give the same answer.
- Topics considered include addition and subtraction of decimal numbers followed by multiplication and division of decimal numbers.
- While some problems needed only division or multiplication to solve, others used fractions or multiple steps.
- Distraction was based on arithmetic equations (additions, subtractions, multiplications, and divisions) displayed for 10 seconds in a corner of the screen.
- Magiste compared performance of strong German-Swedish bilinguals and German-dominant monolinguals on arithmetic tasks that required a series of simple additions, subtractions, multiplications or divisions.
- These dietary conditions lead to rapid multiplication of the clostridial bacteria in the gut of the sheep.
- For matrix multiplication, vectors without superscript are treated as columns and vectors with the T superscript as rows.
- Cayley gave a matrix algebra defining addition, multiplication, scalar multiplication and inverses.
- Take all the products of these multiplications and add them together.
- There I learned addition, multiplication, division and subtraction, mostly from several private tutors.
- In one drawing, the child is skirted, maybe in a tutu, in the midst of a group of other children - who may be multiplications of herself - and she has lost one shoe.