- In multiprocessor machines, multiple threads are an efficient way for application developers to utilize the parallelism of the hardware.
- Because multiprocessor servers put a larger strain on the memory subsystem, increased amounts of on-chip cache can help alleviate that load.
- The architectural differences between shared-memory multiprocessors and distributed-memory multiprocessors have implications on how each is programmed.
- Dedicated multiprocessor rackmount computers are easily the cheapest way to add processing power to a cluster.
- In a multiprocessor system, a shielded CPU is a CPU dedicated to the activities associated with high-priority real-time tasks.