In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Dedicated multiprocessor rackmount computers are easily the cheapest way to add processing power to a cluster.
- The architectural differences between shared-memory multiprocessors and distributed-memory multiprocessors have implications on how each is programmed.
- Because multiprocessor servers put a larger strain on the memory subsystem, increased amounts of on-chip cache can help alleviate that load.
- In a multiprocessor system, a shielded CPU is a CPU dedicated to the activities associated with high-priority real-time tasks.
- In multiprocessor machines, multiple threads are an efficient way for application developers to utilize the parallelism of the hardware.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.