1(grape)uva moscatel feminine
- The light floral perfume and clean grapey flavour of muscat bonds beautifully with an Argentinean apricot dryness and lots of zing to create a refreshing, almost savoury aperitif that should be drunk as young as possible.
- The muscat grape is an aromatic one that smells of ripe juicy eating grapes.
- There are many different kinds of gliko, for example made with muscat grapes, immature green walnuts, bitter oranges (or any citrus fruits picked when they are still small and green), small unripe figs, and sour or sweet cherries.
- It is usually made from the muscat grape, which has a high sugar content.
- I had the foie gras torchon with muscat gelee & toasted country bread.
- ‘Symphony’ is a white grape that is a cross of Grenache Gris and muscat.
- This is actually a blend of five grape varieties - Sylvaner, muscat, Riesling, Gewürztraminer and Pinot Gris.
- One such grape variety is muscat, which with typical Mediterranean ardour makes up a large, colourful, diverse family that has the capacity to make all sorts of wines.
- For starters, I had a medallion of goose and duck foie gras embedded in a muscat and calves foot jelly, and Abi has a warm goats cheese salad.
- Other afters included caramelised homemade brioche, banana tatin with a rum crème brulée and orange and muscat jelly with dark chocolate ice cream - all at £4.50.
- This brilliant tri-varietal white blends the buttery character of Chardonnay with the aniseed, angelica and citrus flavours of Sauvignon and muscat grapes.
- Cabernet, Chardonnay, Riesling, Semillion and muscat (for dessert wines) are the other important grapes.
- With its rich, fruity, muscat-flavor, this grape provides an important alternative to Muscat of Alexandria, the muscat most commonly used to make dessert wines or confections such as chocolate-covered raisins.
- At a recent tasting they quaffed a Viognier with a tuna tartare appetizer, a Cabernet Sauvignon with an osso bucco main course, and a dessert wine made from muscat grapes with chocolate mousse.
- Then the last call came, so we had last small bites of our favorites from the tray - in my case muscat jelly, crostata, and fig with prosciutto.