In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(grape)uva moscatel feminine
- For starters, I had a medallion of goose and duck foie gras embedded in a muscat and calves foot jelly, and Abi has a warm goats cheese salad.
- I had the foie gras torchon with muscat gelee & toasted country bread.
- ‘Symphony’ is a white grape that is a cross of Grenache Gris and muscat.
- Cabernet, Chardonnay, Riesling, Semillion and muscat (for dessert wines) are the other important grapes.
- One such grape variety is muscat, which with typical Mediterranean ardour makes up a large, colourful, diverse family that has the capacity to make all sorts of wines.
- There are many different kinds of gliko, for example made with muscat grapes, immature green walnuts, bitter oranges (or any citrus fruits picked when they are still small and green), small unripe figs, and sour or sweet cherries.
- The light floral perfume and clean grapey flavour of muscat bonds beautifully with an Argentinean apricot dryness and lots of zing to create a refreshing, almost savoury aperitif that should be drunk as young as possible.
- This brilliant tri-varietal white blends the buttery character of Chardonnay with the aniseed, angelica and citrus flavours of Sauvignon and muscat grapes.
- It is usually made from the muscat grape, which has a high sugar content.
- The muscat grape is an aromatic one that smells of ripe juicy eating grapes.
- Then the last call came, so we had last small bites of our favorites from the tray - in my case muscat jelly, crostata, and fig with prosciutto.
- At a recent tasting they quaffed a Viognier with a tuna tartare appetizer, a Cabernet Sauvignon with an osso bucco main course, and a dessert wine made from muscat grapes with chocolate mousse.
- With its rich, fruity, muscat-flavor, this grape provides an important alternative to Muscat of Alexandria, the muscat most commonly used to make dessert wines or confections such as chocolate-covered raisins.
- Other afters included caramelised homemade brioche, banana tatin with a rum crème brulée and orange and muscat jelly with dark chocolate ice cream - all at £4.50.
- This is actually a blend of five grape varieties - Sylvaner, muscat, Riesling, Gewürztraminer and Pinot Gris.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.