In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A boy with black hair and a strong muscular build looked sternly at David.
- She is very muscular and powerful in the legs, but not as much as in her arms.
- Of course by now you know that Joel was a tall, muscular, athlete who had trained for these sorts of events.
- Of course, they all have strong muscular backs and shoulders, that goes with the job.
- Here, there was a cadre of burly bouncers waiting for her, each of them large and muscular and very powerful.
- He was a tall, muscular, powerfully built man with brown hair that was quickly going gray.
- He was sitting next to a burly muscular youngster in dirty military fatigues who was trying to drink from two cans simultaneously.
- He had a broad frame, which in his prime must have been gloriously muscular and strong.
- But they all have the trademark short hair, round muscular build and large powerful jaws.
- Polar bears have a heavy stout body with strong muscular legs and well-developed neck muscles.
- Your body will respond by getting more muscular and stronger before you know it.
- He doesn't have to be muscular, just lean and athletic, and healthy-looking.
- The father's left hand touching the son's shoulder is strong and muscular.
- He has a sturdy build with strikingly muscular hands and chiseled features.
- My body became strong and muscular but I could run like lightning, and, boy, did it feel great!
- The Dall's porpoise is stocky and muscular, built as powerful as a killer whale, but smaller.
- Though his hair was gray with white streaks on both sides of his head, his body was still muscular and strong.
- I have the strength and size to back up the fact that you can get strong and have a muscular body on a vegan diet.
- They have a broad chest, a muscular neck, and strong hands and feet.
- He's well-built, lean and muscular, but in my dream he's wearing a tutu and tights.
- It provides muscular branches to peroneus longus and peroneus brevis muscles.
- The epiglottis is a flap of muscular tissue that closes off the entry to your voice box when you swallow.
- Primary lymphatic vessels lack a significant muscular wall and do not have valves.
- The lower lactate level may have a significant contribution in lower muscular fatigue.
- Pelvic organ prolapse results from a weakening of connective tissue or loss of muscular support.
- The muscular layers create vein contractility, which maintains venous tone.
- No inflammation was seen in the muscular and serosal layers of the appendix.
- The researchers will focus on myotonic and facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophies.
- The physiotherapy continued until muscular strength and proprioception were restored.
- As a result, the stomach loses its coordinated muscular activity and doesn't empty properly.
- We made an initial diagnosis of muscular spasm with a possible septic left hip.
- Neuromuscular signs, mainly referring to muscular tension, were also documented.
- Symptoms are similar to those of adult Huntington's, but develop more rapidly and include muscular rigidity and fits.
- Most cases will be forms of muscular tension headaches.
- A general feeling of stiffness may be noticed, along with mild diffuse muscular pains.
- Research indicates that after training is terminated, an athlete can retain gained muscular strength and power for periods of up to six weeks.
- Hearty laughter increases heart rate, blood pressure and respiratory rate, and muscular activity.
- The heart is a muscular organ, divided into left and right sides.
- A hiatus hernia is when part of the stomach slides through the diaphragm, the muscular sheet that separates the lungs and chest from the abdomen.
- Later the same month the man's sweating, pyrexia, muscular rigidity, and decreased responsiveness returned.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.