In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The jaw musculature is immensely strong, giving rise to huge pressures and displacement forces.
- Even though the heat is generated by the flight musculature, the platypleurine cicadas are able to elevate body temperature without flight.
- This test will fail if the abdominal musculature is very weak or if you are feeling through a diastasis recti.
- Their teeth were large and pointy, and their jaw musculature was strong.
- We now know that the actions of the specialized musculature of the lower esophageal sphincter provide the chief barrier to reflux.
- This allows the anal musculature to relax, and the fissure invariably heals.
- Atrophy of the hands, particularly the intrinsic musculature, may be present.
- Similarly, the basic structure of the human body is provided by the skeleton and musculature.
- The tongue musculature is largely contained within a fibrous sac, so the whole maintains a constant volume irrespective of its shape.
- Bones are obscured by overlying feathers, skin, and musculature.
- Cranial nerve musculature is less involved, and ophthalmoplegia is rare.
- The body wall musculature consists of three longitudinal muscles that form a continuous layer around the body.
- The posterior musculature consists of six muscles in two groups, superficial and deep.
- Treatment to restore normal tone and function to the pelvic floor musculature should not be overlooked.
- The types of scales that are present in fossils permit us to say something about the dermal musculature.
- A neurologic examination revealed normal strength in the upper extremities with normal musculature.
- Based on those observations, he initiated a study of the role of the pelvic and tail musculature in the ventilation of pigeons.
- Unlike the upper esophageal sphincter, the lower sphincter is not pulled open by extrinsic musculature.
- Internal voids resulted from the more rapid decay of internal organs and musculature than the cuticle of the exoskeleton.
- This was well established through analysis of reflexes in crayfish abdominal musculature.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.