In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1museo masculinehistory/science museum — museo histórico/de la ciencia
- The result of their talent and hard work went on display at the museum in an exhibition that is due to end today.
- Yet public interest in visiting such museums and historical sites is not always so keen.
- At present, it is split into a museum on the ground floor and an art gallery upstairs.
- The trail included all the exhibitions in the museum as well as the art gallery.
- Worst hit will be the big museums and galleries that have not benefited from the recent large rises in funding.
- The software will be of interest to schools and museums, as well as town planners.
- Often the museums are set in buildings that have as much interest as the things they contain.
- There are now plans to use the disused ringing chamber as a small museum of church archives.
- That figure makes the lost art worth more than all the paintings now in American galleries and museums.
- The reason people come to museums, essentially, is to see the exhibits up close.
- We know that more people go to museums and art galleries than go sporting events.
- Than you can go to Shanghai museum, one of the best museums of ancient China in the world.
- The building was meant to house a museum for the ancient university in its basement.
- For those in search of culture, Milan has numerous museums with rich and varied collections.
- The records of our heritage are preserved in the museums and archives of the country.
- The vast majority went to historic buildings and other conservation schemes and to museums.
- The new museum adds to a number of other museums that have been set up in Kerala on the history of the Church.
- When she took up her post in 1998, the city's museums and galleries were in poor shape.
- There are a number of museums and places of historic interest where old cipher machines are exhibited.
- However, some of Venice's best art isn't in its museums and galleries, but in the Scuole.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.