In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1comedia musical feminine
- Although hailed as one of the greatest stars of the Thirties films, and a musical comedy star of the first rank, when one comes to look at her career at the top it was very short.
- The film is just an innocent little romp of a musical comedy and has no pretensions of importance.
- But it's the songs - the tunes - that determine the success of a musical comedy.
- Do you remember an old musical comedy song that said, ‘Anything you can do I can do better’?
- It's one of the most performed musical comedies in the country in local theaters, colleges, community theaters.
- The show is a musical comedy drama based around the lives of a community of East End Londoners in 1940 during the height of the German bombing campaign.
- The film still maintains the look, feel, and whimsical illogic that audiences accept from a musical comedy.
- Day was better known as a singer, and had starred in a number of musical comedies and light fare throughout the '40s and early '50s.
- The following year, he was asked by a friend to appear in a musical comedy revue called Beyond the Fringe, with Alan Bennett, Peter Cook, and Dudley Moore.
- She was a glamorous loser, a musical comedy tragedienne, a mixture of frivolity and misfortune.
- Wouldn't the films have made a better musical comedy?
- Can I dare to hope he will return next year in a more light-hearted vein, and kill us once again with his pronounced panache and with something more akin to a musical comedy?
- She has played the lead in theatrical work spanning Shakespeare, Greek tragedy, musical comedies, farce and Absurd theatre to contemporary drama.
- The plot's quite a serviceable one for a musical comedy, but the film doesn't do much to bring it off.
- Like so many actors in the film, he was much more serious about acting than a camp musical comedy appearance would suggest.
- The musical comedy was a runaway hit at last year's Edinburgh Festival, selling out its entire run at the Assembly Rooms without the benefit of a single star in the cast.
- Legitimate theatre struggled to compete against cinema and radio, the entrepreneurs seeking to cater to a specialised well-to-do audience by staging musical comedies and operettas.
- They perform in-house but tour nationally to other theatres, and projects vary from Shakespeare to Byrne, environmental issues to musical comedies.
- My sister was the first female stage manager for a musical comedy in New York.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.