In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1músico masculinemúsica feminine
- The singers will be joined by a scaled-down ensemble of professional musicians.
- As the concert progresses, the musicians toss their instruments into a large pot stirred by a cook.
- Later on there will be a further session to the accompaniment of several musicians.
- There are few musicians working in pop music with such a panoramic vision or nuanced approach.
- The concert will have an orchestra of over 135 musicians with dancers and vocalists.
- The concerts will feature some of the finest pop and classical musicians and performers.
- There are still roles left for singers and musicians to take part in the performance.
- His favourites are biographies of sixties and seventies musicians, and pop and rock stars.
- But I will say this about Tim as a musician and songwriter: he was not one for safety nets.
- As a professional musician, he has composed music for film and television.
- The proceeds are distributed among musicians, composers and other rights holders.
- Later, as a professional musician, her songs were frequently held up for unfair comparison with his.
- The guitarist is determined to use his illness to make himself grow as a musician and a songwriter.
- He is himself a professional musician, and knows what keeps the party spirits up.
- There were a lot of people my age in town, a lot of professional musicians were based here and it was buzzing.
- One of the greatest songwriters and musicians of our time, he will be greatly missed.
- One realises that today, soloists, musicians and professionals can demand high fees.
- He had been due to catch a flight that morning to a musicians ' camp for bassists in the US.
- Frederick was a musician and composer of some skill as well as an avid collector of talent.
- In this quiet room, musicians can compose without ever needing to go near a musical instrument.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.