In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1buey almizclero masculine
- We had seen whales, narwhals, polar bear, seals, walrus, musk ox, and countless other natural wonders.
- One section of the river was named after the numerous musk ox grazing along its banks.
- Wolves primarily hunt in packs for large prey such as moose, elk, bison, musk oxen, and reindeer.
- There are also some familiar faces, such as the musk ox, cougar and bison, that have survived the test of time.
- In North America, bison, pronghorn, and musk ox have increased this past century.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.