1.1(expressing obligation)(forms of) tener quedeberhe must have complete rest — debe hacer reposo absoluto
- you must learn to control your temper — tienes que / debes aprender a controlarte
- she told him he must apologize — le dijo que tenía que / debía disculparse
- it must be remembered that … — tenemos que / debemos recordar que …
- she must not know that I am here — no debe enterarse de que estoy aquí
- must you make so much noise? — ¿hace falta / es necesario hacer tanto ruido?
- why must he always argue with everybody? — ¿por qué siempre tiene que discutir con todo el mundo?
- I'll read you my poem — oh well, if you must(, you must) — te voy a leer mi poema — bueno, si te empeñas
- I'll speak to her, if I must — hablaré con ella, si no hay más remedio
1.2(in invitations, suggestions)you must come and see us more often — tienes que venir a vernos más a menudo
2(expressing certainty, supposition)(forms of) deber (de)haber de Latin Americait must be worth a fortune — debe (de) valer una fortuna
- it must be six o'clock — deben (de) ser las seis
- I must have dropped off — me debo (de) haber quedado dormido
- there must be another way! — ¡debe (de) / tiene que haber otra manera!
- you must be exhausted — debes (de) estar agotado
- they must not have known about the change in plans — no se deben (de) haber enterado del cambio de planes
1(essential thing, activity)a car is a must here — aquí es indispensable / imprescindible tener coche
- this book is a must — este es un libro que hay que leer
- this movie is a must for all jazz lovers — esta es una película que tienen que ver / que no pueden perderse los amantes del jazz
- Consider purchasing these bodybuilder musts.
- These could be interspersed with edible flowers, trailing nasturtiums and orange Calendula would be musts.
- Binoculars, a ‘severe-clear’ sky, and an open view to the horizon are practically musts to catch these events.
- These musts are mandatory, measurable standards against which to judge new product alternatives.
- Firewalls, authentication schemes and rigid testing are musts for any company that wants to maintain a trusting relationship with its customers.
- We tell you which supplements are musts and which ones can help burn bodyfat.
- When determining which media tools are right for your camp, consider the following list of musts.
- The survey and evaluation are musts if this is your marketing tool.
- They say ‘defense’ and ‘consolidation’ are musts for a global game.
- You know that brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing at least once daily are musts.
- Unquestionably, these are very fine books that are musts for a chess lover's library.
- Of course girls in these classes like an older man who's set in his career to meet some of those traditional partner musts.
- The sauces that accompany them - one minty and spicy, one fruity and sweet - are definite musts for dipping.
- I think life should have a few musts, and besides, it seems like she's replaced a whole lot of little musts with one big one - everyone MUST do and think what the purple book she loves says.
- Aside from the libations, though, there are a couple of other musts to make it a thoroughly enjoyable night.
- The traditions around weddings seemed very narrow and uninteresting; I couldn't see any self-expression, just a list of musts and shoulds.
- The washbag should only contain absolute musts and with the current climate no scissors, razor blades, penknives, etc unless you want them confiscated.