In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Only 15 of these genes were previously known to cause a toxin phenotype when mutated.
- Scientists came to understand how genes mutate, and how mutations helped make natural selection possible.
- This gene, when mutated, severely disrupts both germ cell migration and developmental cell death.
- If a gene on the Y chromosome mutates, that piece of the male genetic code may disappear.
- When a gene on a more typical chromosome mutates, the chromosome can still recombine with its twin.
2formal(change)sufrir una transformaciónsufrir transformaciones
- I mean, I have no problems with research that disprove age-old theories that already mutated into dogma.
- We had our reunion yesterday, attended by 11 of us which is a good turn out, and the day trip to France has now mutated into a weekend in Paris!
- What was once the realm of science fiction has mutated into serious debate.
- It developed on the east coast, mutated into different forms, spread to Europe and on.
- Autograph hunters have gradually mutated into poison-pen letter-senders.
- The Glasgow-based band's debut delivers on its promises of glam-rock mutated into disco rhythms with interest.
- Somehow, they've mutated into characters who are colder, harder, and much less moral.
- This friendship also mutated into something more, as we already had the hugging scenes, and then this.
- Come next year these unexceptional throwbacks might have mutated into cunning reinventors.
- The pigeon let out one long coo, and then, as its body began to swell and transform, the sound mutated into a low chuckle.
- Why has our understanding of democracy mutated into nothing but an allergy to order and responsibility?
- Then my pleasant thoughts mutated into dark gory battlefields across the red sand.
- America, once known as the land of the free and the home of the brave, has mutated into the land of the medicated and the home of the lawsuit.
- But now the perennial moaning about diving has mutated into a full-blown campaign to stamp out this malevolent practice.
- But by 2005, the European agenda has mutated into making a new class of politicians more powerful.
- In some awful way, his regard for the underdog has mutated into support for mad dogs.
- We must understand how it mutates, transforms and spreads.
- Nowadays the car has cleverly mutated into a hatchback but even so, a bag of golfclubs is out of the question.
- He had mutated into one of the earth's most evil and cruel creatures imaginable.
- Sure, by loose definition it can be called a game, but it has mutated into something much more grotesque than that.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.