In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Biology Linguisticsmutación feminine
- The probability of producing a subsequent beneficial mutation will then also increase.
- Only after the first several million generations has mutation added enough variability to reach the equilibrium.
- The gene mutation appears to work by restricting calorie absorption at the cellular level.
- Damage caused to DNA may, in turn, induce mutation and chromosome abnormalities of the meristem cells.
- Kidney tumors and estrogen-treated kidneys have mutations in microsatellites.
- The first is that this was a naturally occurring mutation in the Siamese.
- In this example mutations accrue successively, starting with the most beneficial single mutation.
- Dynamics of focus formation can be affected by mutation of genes involved in DNA metabolism.
- In the absence of recombination and back mutation, the lost chromosome class cannot be regenerated.
- The same pattern appears in tumor-associated genes undergoing either loss-of-function mutation or rearrangements.
- First, new mod variants can arise by mutation and spread by drift.
- Perhaps the best demonstration of this comes from studies of mutation in reporter genes in transgenic mice.
- Second, mathematical geneticists showed that the gene frequency change by mutation is much smaller than the change by natural selection.
- Throughout this section, we are concerned with the effective size for a single neutral locus without mutation.
- By the 60th cycle, the typical cell had four to five of the target genes inactivated by mutation.
- Random mutation is inevitable because mutation is a natural phenomenon.
- It is important to realize that mutations in different mutant individuals are not necessarily distinct.
- The main forces of evolution - mutation and natural selection - can be described by precise mathematical equations.
- For example, when a single favorable mutation arises and spreads, it carries with it any linked variants.
- Cadmium compounds are inactive or weakly active in gene mutation and other genotoxicity assays.
- Genes can also be inactivated by mutation and subsequently deleted.
- Mere mutation of the gene structure cannot fully explain the ‘spiritual’ evolution of species.
- The course of development can, however, be altered by mutation.
- Singer notes well the various analogies between mutation and more prosaic political and cultural concerns.
- Variation accumulates over time through a random process of mutation.
- As a matter of fact, the functions of books have undergone a process of mutation, and the underlying motivating force is now nothing but the soaring prices.
- It commits the artist to a descent into time, into the processes of mutation, decay and dissolution.
- It was the launch on September 30 of the tabloid-shaped Independent that has been the catalyst for what surely amounts to a long-term newspaper industry mutation.
- Rather they evolved through a century-long process of mutation.
- He acknowledges his political mutation but says there was no epiphany.
- They have been berated for being bland, boring, meandering and, most mystifying of all, not playing trance or whatever this week's essential dancefloor mutation is.
- So it becomes clear that the solution to this problem is not in some political consciousness but in mutation of human consciousness.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.