In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1USFinancefondo de inversión mobiliaria masculineSICAV feminine
- Allowing big investors to trade in mutual funds after hours is simply against the law.
- Socially responsible mutual funds tend to have higher fees than regular funds.
- Investors should keep track of distributions made by their mutual funds that are reinvested.
- I have never managed a mutual fund but have owned hundreds of them over the past 50 years.
- Also, all mutual funds are required to pay out all dividends and capital gains on a yearly basis.
- In mutual funds, fund managers rely heavily on internal analysis to make decisions.
- They were followed by US-based mutual funds and investment banks, all anxious to cash in on the Asian boom.
- Mutual funds get kudos if their independent directors invest in the mutual funds.
- For one, hedge fund fees are much higher than those of traditional mutual funds.
- A closed-end fund is a mutual fund whose shares trade on the stock exchanges, just as a stock does.
- In short, it is a mutual fund that invests solely in money market instruments.
- The agency is already battling court challenges to its rules on hedge funds and mutual funds.
- For Jones, mutual funds are a better investment than individual stocks right now.
- Only two other mutual funds manage money this way, both also at boutique firms.
- It has also been suggested to allow mutual funds and pension funds to invest in venture capital funds.
- You can access a wide variety of international investments through mutual funds.
- That has generated a lot of investment from mutual funds focused on the global oil and gas industry.
- Most real estate mutual funds invest mainly in real estate investment trusts.
- Ownership of stock, direct and through pension and mutual funds, is also covered.
- You can invest in mutual funds or individual stocks and decide how much risk you want to take with your savings.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.