In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- After several days in the hospital the rash began to fade, but the low-grade fever, myalgia, arthralgia, and muscle weakness persisted.
- Arthralgia, myalgia, nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting have also been frequently reported.
- Patients may be asymptomatic or may have symptoms of fever, malaise, myalgia, and hepatitis.
- Fever, malaise, myalgia, and upper respiratory tract symptoms or infections characterize influenza infection.
- Other symptoms may include chills, anorexia, generalized or frontal headache, severe myalgia and arthralgia, weakness, and fatigue.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.