In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1misterio masculineauto sacramental masculine
- Local school pupils will entertain the crowds, an Irish dance troupe will demonstrate traditional steps and a storyteller will present a mystery play.
- It's not a great mystery play, it's not the best of hers, but it is a very solid one.
- In the later medieval period mystery plays were one popular form in which Gospel stories (particularly, but not exclusively, Passion stories) were told.
- They are the earliest known example of a type of Medieval drama also known as miracle or mystery plays.
- Based on performances of medieval mystery plays, scenes will be performed on a large farm trailer that will be moved to different locations in the High Street.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.