In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He said that mysticism was a spiritual way of getting closer to God.
- This inclination was supported by his decision in 1909, to join the Theosophical Society, where the religious mysticism encouraged him to turn inward to spiritual life.
- Through visual art, he tried to express a transcendental mysticism that he felt he could not fully communicate through music.
- Jewish mysticism teaches that non-kosher food blocks the spiritual potential of the soul.
- Does one then conclude that mysticism and the mystical experience is universal in its experience?
- For some, mysticism implies that subjective knowledge of the true nature of the universe can, in fact, be obtained.
- But this intellectual empiricism was joined with an emotional and spiritual mysticism which he got from his parents.
- This leads us into mysticism as the spiritual quality of staying in pure contemplation in the divine presence.
- This is not the mysticism as an acceptable form of religion that is based on an intellectual mystical union.
- I've got no problem with you if you aren't, so long as you don't confuse what you're doing with spirituality or mysticism.
- Here is an article about mysticism and devotional practices with a chaotic slant.
- This is because he encompasses every aspect of religion and mysticism in his life and teachings.
- He's a New Believer of a different kind, drawn to mysticism and the Bible, but not to belief in dogmas or religious institutions.
- For mysticism is most often associated in both East and West with monasteries.
- All of us that live in the house share an interest in eastern Christian spirituality and mysticism of the Orthodox faith.
- Like them he favors a mysticism which maintains that the astral body - a duplicate of the physical body but composed of a finer substance - is what needs to be treated when one is ill.
- Though most religions, myth and mysticism is concerned with the idea of the spirit, the spiritual or the spirit world, could there be a physical or material component to spiritual existence?
- His post-war work - which was much more loosely handled and often inspired by religious mysticism - did not compare in originality or strength with his great achievements of the 1920s.
- I don't know how you feel about metaphysics or religion or mysticism, but we can feel the presence of life and, sometimes, how close someone's come to death.
- So therefore in different religions we have the special way for mysticism of that religion.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.