In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- And what better weapon do we have against such myths, than to mythify them in their turn and produce other artificial myths?
- Does her political stance preserve and moreover mythify her ‘radical’ status?
- Dick's drug use was much magnified and mythified, as well.
- On the one hand, they demystify bad, often non-musical, entertainment and, on the other, they mythify musical entertainment by associating the musical with the myths of spontaneity, integration and audience.
- The Australian actress has recently been mythified to the iconic status of the screen goddesses of the 1950s.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.