In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The engine nacelles extend well beyond the wings' leading edges.
- I could clearly see his engine nacelles, fuselage, wings and tail in the dark.
- The center section of the wing, installed beneath the fuselage, carried the two engine nacelles and the retractable landing gear.
- Oil and fuel coming from three failed cylinders created a fire on the outboard side of the engine nacelle.
- The oil tanks were carried in each engine nacelle.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.