In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of credentials)comprobación de la documentación feminine
2(mention)mención femininereferencia feminine
- Wonder when that last got a namecheck in the paper?
- I'm off to turn on Radio 4 and listen out for a namecheck.
- If you know me and you want a namecheck too, just send me five crisp £10 notes in a sealed envelope and I'll do the rest.
- And thanks for the namecheck and everything on that fortnight dating theory, but I never said that.
- The first namecheck in pop, surely, for the rival Yorkshire town.
- If your question is picked, you win a signed poster from the girls themselves and a namecheck on the CD!
- While we're in the Philly area, it keeps occurring to me that he seems to get a lot of namechecks yet I've never investigated his music.
- Oh - and if you hear anything you think I might like, I would love if you gave me a heads up, either through the gift of mp3 or simply a namecheck.
- So does the faded Hollywood actor know about his namecheck?
- The Greens got a namecheck, but other doors looked open.
- If you want to win a flippant and pointless namecheck in my blog please tell me: what is this building pictured below?
- Of course, on the other hand, we might get bored and drop the whole contest, but we'll give a namecheck and plug to all the entries.
- The fact that I focused on soaring house prices, vibrant nightlife, and beacon primary schools ensured that I didn't earn one quote or namecheck in the next day's papers.
1mencionarhacer referencia areferirse a
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.