In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1feminine etiqueta con el nombre
- None of them wore name tapes on the uniform, none wore rank insignia.
- And so I pontificated for six weeks until, precisely 12 hours before the Munchkin was due to skip merrily through the school gates, I found myself furiously ironing name tapes into the back of gym shorts.
- Our military leaders couldn't decide whether name tapes should be sewn straight across the jungle fatigue shirt or slanted over the pockets.
- The Cold War saw starched olive green - 107 fatigues, with name tapes and US ARMY added by 1954.
- No need to play it, just watch it - it's brilliant for passing the hours when, in the middle of your life, you find that you have a lot of name tapes to sew on.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.