In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Low levels of the banned performance-enhancing drug nandrolone were detected in the eight players' samples last year.
- Suspect sporting steroids include nandrolone and can be detected in blood and hair.
- Closely related structurally to testosterone, nandrolone is an anabolic steroid, the provenance and purpose of which remain steeped in mystery even now.
- Her promising career was overshadowed by the doping scandal, when she was accused of taking a derivative of the steroid nandrolone.
- The final issue over drug taking in sport is that of nandrolone, which has recently seen a number of players banned.
- Athletes claimed they had unknowingly ingested nandrolone in health and food supplements many take to boost performance.
- Beginning two years ago there was a sudden increase in elite athletes testing positive for metabolites of the steroid nandrolone.
- Last October the Olympic Committee said he had tested positive for norandrosterone, a byproduct of the anabolic steroid nandrolone, and banned him for four months.
- Another trial found that although T and nandrolone increased muscle strength, only T increased bone mineral density.
- This from a man who was banned for testing positive for the performance-enhancing substance nandrolone.
- In the latter study, nandrolone decanoate induced small but significant increases in hemoglobin content.
- He was confirmed this week to have failed a drug test for the anabolic steroid, nandrolone, and must now serve out what remains of his two-year ban.
- The most widely used anabolic steroid, nandrolone derives from the male hormone testosterone.
- This is usually linked to performance enhancing drugs such as nandrolone and THG (tetrohydrogestinone).
- Both the A-sample as well as the requested test of the B-sample confirmed the presence of the metabolite norandrosterone of the anabolic steroid nandrolone.
- A recent UK Sport investigation revealed there were more positive tests for nandrolone in rugby league over the past year than in the rest of British sport combined.
- They have been encouraged by reports that a German professor had established a link between rogue elements in dietary supplements and positive tests for nandrolone.
- The lab offers a package of tests for the most commonly abused steroids, like nandrolone and stanozolol.
- The most common performance-enhancing drug used by footballers in recent years has been nandrolone.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.