In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Avoid alcohol or drugs before diving, as this increases the effects of narcosis.
- One possibility is that CO2 narcosis impaired cognitive function.
- Prolonged narcosis was introduced in the 1920s.
- Specifically, they are compounds that produce narcosis or general anesthesia and relief from pain or analgesia.
- Once you begin on the slippery slope of hypothermia, secondary problems such as narcosis and decompression sickness begin to increase drastically.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.