In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1estupefaciente masculinenarcótico masculinebefore noun narcotics squad — brigada de estupefacientes feminine
- narcotics user — toxicómano
- Cooperation between the expanding network of narcotics traffickers and terrorism is now increasingly possible.
- Narcotics are usually smuggled by single persons or group of people, that are not linked to one another.
- However, the synthetic narcotic is itself highly addictive.
- The second industry that relies on moving around big cash payments is the international narcotics trade.
- Alcoholism and narcotic addiction is rife throughout the country, as hope inevitably gives way to despair.
- The landlords were shown mock-up samples of narcotics ranging from cannabis and ecstasy to heroin and crack cocaine.
- Most illicit narcotics seized at our borders are amphetamines and Ecstasy.
- Buprenorphine is a daily oral medication that effectively blocks the action of heroin and other narcotics.
- Money from the illegal narcotics trade plays a crucial role in the national economy and in keeping the regime solvent.
- Their coca leaves contain only trace amounts of the illicit narcotic.
- Opium and other narcotic addictions were rampant among the upper classes.
- Then she could relish in the fact that she's the world greatest undercover narcotics officer.
- His government was notorious for human rights abuses, narcotics trafficking, and economic mismanagement.
- And they happily spent millions on promoting the idea that cannabis was an extremely dangerous, addictive narcotic, that would kill, or drive users insane.
- The international narcotics trafficking problem is an order of magnitude more important that international terrorism.
- According to experts, profits from human trafficking now exceed those of the narcotics trade.
- He was then charged with using illegal narcotics and causing a disturbance.
- Federal law supersedes state law, and the government refuses to budge in classifying marijuana as a dangerous, illegal narcotic - and a gateway to harder drugs - with no medical value.
- But the US and Peruvian governments believe farmers are being manipulated by narcotics traffickers.
- The fact that Cannabis is a mild narcotic is circumstantial; the way it reaches people and who it reaches is the problem.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.