In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1estupefaciente masculinenarcótico masculinebefore noun narcotics squad — brigada de estupefacientes feminine
- narcotics user — toxicómana
- He was then charged with using illegal narcotics and causing a disturbance.
- Opium and other narcotic addictions were rampant among the upper classes.
- The second industry that relies on moving around big cash payments is the international narcotics trade.
- Cooperation between the expanding network of narcotics traffickers and terrorism is now increasingly possible.
- Most illicit narcotics seized at our borders are amphetamines and Ecstasy.
- The fact that Cannabis is a mild narcotic is circumstantial; the way it reaches people and who it reaches is the problem.
- Buprenorphine is a daily oral medication that effectively blocks the action of heroin and other narcotics.
- The international narcotics trafficking problem is an order of magnitude more important that international terrorism.
- Alcoholism and narcotic addiction is rife throughout the country, as hope inevitably gives way to despair.
- Federal law supersedes state law, and the government refuses to budge in classifying marijuana as a dangerous, illegal narcotic - and a gateway to harder drugs - with no medical value.
- And they happily spent millions on promoting the idea that cannabis was an extremely dangerous, addictive narcotic, that would kill, or drive users insane.
- Their coca leaves contain only trace amounts of the illicit narcotic.
- The landlords were shown mock-up samples of narcotics ranging from cannabis and ecstasy to heroin and crack cocaine.
- According to experts, profits from human trafficking now exceed those of the narcotics trade.
- His government was notorious for human rights abuses, narcotics trafficking, and economic mismanagement.
- But the US and Peruvian governments believe farmers are being manipulated by narcotics traffickers.
- Narcotics are usually smuggled by single persons or group of people, that are not linked to one another.
- However, the synthetic narcotic is itself highly addictive.
- Money from the illegal narcotics trade plays a crucial role in the national economy and in keeping the regime solvent.
- Then she could relish in the fact that she's the world greatest undercover narcotics officer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.