In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In more recent times, his nastiness has become more unpredictable.
- The outrage it provoked was based on the seeming crudeness of the content and the sexist nastiness of the boy protagonists.
- Sheer pig-headed ignorance, nastiness, mean-spiritedness and rudeness in my opinion.
- It is glib and empty rationalising, which taken literally would imply that nastiness is a prerequisite for success.
- But in the last series, it was enveloped in a miasma of nastiness.
2(of accident)gravedad feminine
3(of taste, smell)lo asquerosolo repugnante
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.