- Examples of these are ivy (the variegated types look very pretty), trailing lobelia, nasturtiums and ivy leaf geraniums.
- Edible flowers, such as nasturtiums, pansies, violets, and calendulas, are also good.
- For great foliage and color contrast, plant yellow nasturtiums around the outer rim of the planter.
- These could be interspersed with edible flowers, trailing nasturtiums and orange Calendula would be musts.
- The garden is full of marigolds, pansies, dahlias, primulas and nasturtiums, as well as shrub roses and climbers.