In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in UK)the national curriculum — el plan de estudios oficial de las escuelas de enseñanza pública de Inglaterra y el país de Gales
- The national curricula in England and Singapore give specific direction to education.
- The issue needs to be separated into whether or not we have national standards vs. a national curriculum.
- But perhaps other religious schools try to follow the national curriculum and standards more.
- She called for the lessons to be made as part of the national curriculum, alongside sex education and other social skills classes.
- They invite me to talk about God because under the national curriculum religious education classes must include the teaching of comparative religion.
- Most mainstream schools in the UK follow a national curriculum, teaching A Levels and the relatively new AS Level.
- Religious education is not part of the national curriculum but by law all schools have to provide it.
- All areas of education, including the national curriculum, have been honed to fit into the government's privatisation schema.
- These sessions aimed to raise the awareness of water safety as part of the national curriculum to primary school teachers.
- The national curriculum requires schools to teach evolution but does not ban them from teaching creationism as well.
- Through the national curriculum, the government achieved uniformity of lesson content.
- ‘At last we will have a national curriculum for healthy bodies as well as a national curriculum for their minds,’ she said.
- It is here that the national curriculum and support materials for all the subjects are developed.
- Home educators do not have to follow the national curriculum or to have teaching qualifications.
- The tests must cover the national curriculum, but are developed locally.
- The gallery is regularly packed with fascinated schoolchildren now that the subject has been put on the national curriculum for primary schools.
- You've heard of the national curriculum, but do you know what's in it?
- Our client should be attending a mainstream school which teaches the national curriculum since he is due to begin his GCSE course as he is 14 years of age.
- The ban on computers breaches national curriculum requirements designed to ensure students are prepared for a world of technology.
- Plans are also underway for a small animal farm where children can learn about animal care through a structured programme based around the national curriculum.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.