In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in US)the National Guard — la Guardia Nacional
- The stock answer was that the National Guard and Army Reserve would fill the gap.
- It's also crucial to expose how the war has dangerously overextended the U.S. military, the National Guard and our military reserve units.
- The burden of employment has thus fallen more and more on the National Guard and Army Reserve military police.
- He continued honing his skills during stints in the Navy, National Guard and then Army Reserve.
- Of the battalions in the National Guard enhanced brigades, 15 of the 45 were also deployed.
- Several of my employees are in the reserves: the National Guard, the army, and the navy.
- Not only are the half million active duty troops getting more training with live ammo, but the 600,000 National Guard and Reserve troops are also firing more real bullets.
- However, using National Guard and Army Reserve forces is in effect a way of expending them.
- The National Guard and Army Reserve are critical.
- Within the National Guard and Army Reserve, due attention must be given to the local origins of the lineages and honors being perpetuated.
- In the reserves and the National Guard the force is a bit older because most of us are army veterans in our late twenties and early thirties.
- We're having trouble in recruiting, both in terms of the Army and the National Guard and the Reserve.
- To meet this requirement, it appears that it will be necessary to rely upon a return of some U.S. Marine Corps units and additional Army Reserve and National Guard forces.
- Chapters are also dedicated to the mobilization and use of the National Guard and Army Reserve.
- The National Guard and the Army Reserve also missed their recruiting target.
- He would call up the National Guard and Army Reserve.
- When it needs back up, the active-duty Army does have the National Guard and the Army Reserve to call on.
- Even though the National Guard and Army Reserve see combat today, it rankles me that people assume it was some kind of waltz in the park back then.
- Army National Guard and U.S. Army Reserve citizen-soldiers are serving around the globe hand in hand with their active component counterparts.
- The National Guard and Army Reserve were lagging behind recruiting goals by 6,000 and 700, respectively, in recent months.
Una milicia voluntaria reclutada por cada uno de los estados norteamericanos, cuya historia remonta a la época colonial. En tiempos de desastre natural o emergencia civil puede ser declarada bajo mando federal, y hoy día se le considera parte del ejército nacional.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.