In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in UK)Seguridad Social femininebefore noun National Insurance contributions — imposiciones a la Seguridad Social Chile
- National Insurance number — número de la Seguridad Social
- Consider whether or not to top up any missing year's National Insurance payments.
- Kathryn thinks that Governments have been plundering the National Insurance fund, and should have invested it.
- If you find that you are behind in your National Insurance contributions you can pay to make up the shortfall.
- A contact has advised me it may be possible to defer payment of our National Insurance until the end of the year.
- You can also see how the National Insurance rebates are calculated in this Inland Revenue leaflet.
- I also took along my P45, final payslip and exit letter given to me by my ex-employer, plus my National Insurance number.
- A new system for Air Traffic Control is years behind schedule and way over budget, as is a National Insurance system.
- The tax was designed to crack down on people who were avoiding tax and National Insurance payments by operating through a personal company.
- It will provide National Insurance and income tax relief on the first £50 of childcare vouchers paid to a working parent.
- Younger people could opt out of National Insurance payments on condition they provide for their pensions in the private sector.
- She may be given a new name, a new home, a new National Insurance number and social security documents as well as a false history constructed by experts.
- If you're in a company scheme then both you and your employer will pay lower National Insurance contributions instead.
- They, in turn, now receive pensions funded by the National Insurance contributions of their children.
- It is admitted that some of this will go on teachers' pensions and the National Insurance increase.
- Flick over and settle down to some sport and you can bet your National Insurance payments for a year that the Government will still be there to spin some message or other.
- It seems that the Chancellor will fund the extra NHS spending by tinkering with the National Insurance system.
- The new formula will be based on a simple percentage of income, net of tax, National Insurance and pension contributions.
- But little has been said about using the National Insurance system.
- A rise in employers' pension and National Insurance contributions will further strain funds.
- And, besides, don't we do that already via our National Insurance contributions?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.