In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The governments in both countries are stirring up nationalist sentiment against each other.
- The character of these nationalist movements varied widely in terms of local conditions.
- It must be clear that this campaign is not based on narrow minded nationalist ideas but on genuine internationalist solidarity.
- In so far as they still clung to socialist phraseology, it was simply to give their nationalist programme a more acceptable cover.
- Throughout its history, outsiders wanted the women's movement to be nationalist first of all.
- Strongly nationalist, their goal was to create art that would help give Canadians a sense of their unique identity.
- There are also socialists in the SNP or other nationalist parties and in the Greens.
- Here lies the real significance of nationalist, racist and sexist divisions under capitalist society.
- The leadership would fall to the workers' movement, which would win out over nationalist forces.
- A series of proposals were submitted to the leading unionist and nationalist parties in Northern Ireland last week.
- This is a climate in which right-wing and nationalist demagogy flourishes.
- Significantly, nationalist movements in the Third World used European ideas to replace alien government with self-rule.
- In working class areas, nationalist demands often merged with anti-capitalist and socialist demands.
- In the case of glacial Super-Finland, the political relevance seems to be rather rightist, romantic and nationalist.
- The results exposed deepening sectarian polarisation between nationalist and unionist voters.
- The present crisis on the docks illustrates the dead end of the nationalist and pro-capitalist policy of the trade union bureaucracy.
- This, it is assumed, will undermine the nationalist / patriotic appeal of the resistance and transform it into an ethnic civil war.
- Why did a petty-bourgeois nationalist outlook gain ascendancy?
- The inflaming of nationalist tendencies in Europe can only be traced back superficially to disputes over the draft constitution.
- Britain's Liberal Democrats, Conservatives and nationalist parties could learn much from this volume.
- In every country, versions of the past provide the raw material for nationalist and patriotic sentiments.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.